Welcome to the multimedia library of the Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad!
The Library is open on all days a week:
– Monday to Friday: 10am to 6.30pm
– Saturdays: 11 am to 5.30 pm
– Sundays: 11am to 4pm
The access to the library is free, however you must be a member to borrow the various resources. You can directly download the membership form here.
Do not hesitate to contact us: [email protected]
Established in a cosy space, our resource centre is a network of information resources on subjects such as literature, theatre, poetry, social sciences, tourism, arts, architecture, life style in France as well as India. It is also provided with numerous French textbooks and dictionaries aimed at the students and easy French books for the beginners. Several French newspapers and magazines are also available.
The multimedia library of the Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad offers a collection of 5,000 documents: books, comics, newspapers and magazines, music CDs, movies DVDs, documentary films, covering all the areas and for all ages (children and adults, Francophone and non- Francophone). The majority of our collections are in French but we have many documents in English and some books in Hindi and Gujarati.
Among the audio material one can find the classic standards along with Chanson française and contemporary music of various styles. The DVD section of the resource centre is endowed with classic French films recent creations and documentaries.
Exhibitions, cultural events, academic counselling and lectures are organized in the library, which thus becomes a place of permanent cultural and educational exchanges.
The multimedia library is categorized into different areas:
1. Learning: The books specialized for learning French and for discovering the Francophone cultures.
2. Literature: The classics and contemporary literature works mainly in French, but also in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
3. General Collection: Science, Humanities and Social science sections in French and in English.
4. Children’s Corner: Variety of books for young kids (2-6 years), children (7-12 years) and adolescents.
5. French Cinema and Music: More than 150 DVDs (most of them subtitled in French and/or in English) and more than 200 Music CDs.
6. Comics: Over 350 Comics and Graphic novels in the library’s possession.
7. Heritage: A unique collection of books on Indian Heritage and its preservation.
You can enjoy our new services:
-Wide and comfortable space for working and consulting;
-Internet access (both wired and wireless);
-A dedicated space for watching film DVDs and listening to music CDs in the library;
-Continuous broadcasting of International French Television Channel ‘TV5 Monde’.
-An indoor cafe dedicated with serving you the best brews whilst you are immersed in the world of fiction and literature. (Let’s be honest, Coffee and Books is the best combination!)