The French assessment Test adapted to Quebec – TEFAQ – is a test of the language level, based only on oral skills, recommended by the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities in Québec for immigration purposes.
TEF CANADA EXAM
French Test recognised by the Government of Canada
It is for those who wish to go to Canada Quebec region. For Quebec the level required is Level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The TEF assesses your linguistic skills.
Registrations from 12th June to 12th July
TEF Exam date: Saturday August 12th
The TEFaQ provides the candidate with a linguistic photograph of his French oral level by placing him/her on a 7 level scale. These levels are described in detail for each of the two skills (Listening comprehension / Oral expression).
The TEFAQ assesses your skills in Oral French. It consists of two interrelated sections:
- Listening comprehension (60 questions / 40 minutes). The listening comprehension exam is in the form of a multiple choice questions (MCQ) with 60 questions. The questions correspond to everyday life situations (conversations, announcements, excerpts from a radio program …). The questions are graded from basic to advanced level. The questions in this test are presented in the form of written multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Click here to access the on-line tutorial for the listening comprehension.
- Spoken expression (20 minutes preparation + 15 minutes interview). The oral exam is in the form of a role- play that will emphasize the candidates’ knowledge and know-how of dealing with everyday situations. From a written document relating to daily life (announcements letters, advertisements …), candidates must obtain data or information, present a document and convince the examiner. Click here to access the on-line tutorial for the oral expression. Proposed tasks:
- Section A: gather information, ask questions
- Section B: present a document, debate, convince, assess and compare
The attestation of results of the TEF AQ shows the distribution of scores of each exam and offers detailed comments on the skills for each candidate and provides a visual picture of the results.
For more information:
- Mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Refer to the schedule of the next examination sessions (take care to register before the deadline).
- Come at Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad. We will explain in details. You need to submit 2 passport size photos. The payment will be by cash only. Applications for registration after the deadline will not be accepted.
Preparing the exam:
- Our French classes are strongly recommended for preparing for the exam. Take an appointment and consult the course coordinator of Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad for any doubt.
- You can also purchase the following official textbooks for preparation from Goyal bookshop at Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad :
- Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
- Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
After the exam:
The results of the TEF AQ will be announced about one and half month after the exam by e-mail. You need to collect personally along with your original photo identity the official TEF AQ certificates at the Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad about 2 and half months after the exam.
Current TEFaQ Session: Not available
Registrations open from: Nott available
For fees and other details, please contact us on email@example.com