The only official representation of France in Gujarat, the Alliance Française is in its essence a local organisation endeavouring to participate actively in the dynamics and the development of Gujarat. We would like to give our new building the image of being the meeting place for debating ideas in all domains, facilitating the understanding and exchange between the Indian and the French/European cultures.
Our objectives are to reinforce the already robust European-Indian collaborations in all domains of expertise and to present a dynamic, innovative and modern image of France so as to tender it an attractive destination to work with.
The Alliance Française celebrated 30 years in Ahmedabad in 2012 and the opening of its new premises on 6 April, 2013, is not only a moment of pride and joy, but also a moment of celebration of our long-term and committed engagement with our members, students and friends and with the city of Ahmedabad/Sate of Gujarat in the past, and for years to come.
Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad is the only reference institution for the teaching of French language in Gujarat: comparing to the many small institutions employing teachers either with very poor level of French or without any training to teach French as a foreign language. Alliance Française has earned this legitimacy over the years due to its sincerity and the reliability of its teaching.
Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad (AFA) is an Indian association that aims at developing bonds between France and India by promoting French Language, Culture, Science & Technology exchanges. It had been established in 1981 by a group of local eminent personalities; among them Ms. Mrinalini Sarabhai, Mr. B. V. Doshi and Mrs. Devi Mangaldas just to mention few of them. Since then, AFA has gained recognition from the French Embassy in India, which supports its activities, from the Alliance Française network in India and from the Foundation Alliance Française in Paris.
The Alliance Française in brief:
• 34 years in Ahmedabad, 12 years in Baroda
• Part of the global network of 900+ Alliances Françaises around the world (15 Alliances Françaises in India)
• 3 000+ students per year (the number continues to increase)
• 40+ local and international cultural events organized per year in Ahmedabad and in Baroda
• Collaboration with world-renowned institutions (IIM-A, NID, Nirma University, PDPU, DAII-CT, EDI, Ahmedabad University, Institute of Plasma Research -ITER Project-, Darpana, SEWA, etc.)
• 10+ Training programmes per year on Active Pedagogy and improved as well as updated technologies
• Local organization with 40+ employees
• The only French multi-media library and the first French Book Centre in Gujarat State
Simple reasons to join the Alliance Française d’Ahmedabad:
1. We are the largest and oldest French language-learning centre in Gujarat: in fact, we are one of the largest French schools in the world (established in 1883 in Paris). Teaching French, along with various cultural activities is our aim.
2. We offer the finest French program in India: our instructors are trained and experienced; we have the widest variety of courses at all levels and interests. Our classes, scheduled at various times during the day, with a maximum of 25 students to ensure a personalized, student-centred experience that gets you communicating in no time.
3. Teaching French, the French Way. Our value-added cultural environment ensures that you discover civilization while learning language. Learn as you enjoy our enriching program of films, performing arts and lectures, our 4,000-volume library, social events and our travel programs to Francophone countries.
4. Explore different opportunities after learning French. Do your masters in France, with full scholarship. Go teach English in France. Whole world of translation, interpretation and French teaching at your footstep.